"Then were the disciples glad,
when they saw the Lord."
St Barnabas will reopen for in-person public worship on Easter Sunday. Please use the links below to register to attend:
Will I need to wear a mask in the church?
Yes. As per Church of England guidelines all worshippers will need to wear a mask unless you have a medical condition which precludes this. Only those actively leading worship will not be required to wear a mask at that time. This includes readers and intercessors.
Can I watch the service online?
What other safety measures have been put place in the church building?
- Your temperature may be taken as you enter the church by a welcomer. Please arrive a little earlier than the start of worship to avoid congestion at the door.
- Seating has been appropriately distanced. Please only sit on chairs marked with ✔ symbol.
- Individual orders of service will be provided.
- There will be no congregational singing during the service. Music will be provided by a cantor and the organist.
- Communion will be offered in one kind only - wafer.
- The congregational wafers will be covered throughout the Eucharistic Prayer.
- The Celebrant or Ministers will be the only people to handle the wafers and they will wear a visor and sanitise their hands before the distribution.
- Before the distribution the words ‘The body of Christ’ are spoken to the whole congregation, and all who intend to receive say, ‘Amen’
- The nave has been marked with queuing system for communion. Please keep appropriate distance from the person in front of you.
- During the distribution, Holy Communion is administered in silence. The consecrated wafer is be dropped into the hands of communicants who remain in their places.
- Those who do not wish to receive the Sacrament may choose to be blessed instead.