St Barnabas welcomes families of all kinds into a vibrant and diverse community of faith. We are passionate about supporting families in their spiritual journey and helping them to thrive within the bigger family of God's church. Children, youth, and families are encouraged to participate in various opportunities for worship, spiritual growth, service, and fellowship. We are a 'shhh'-free church, which means that we welcome children into all of our services.
Children's Groups during Sunday Services:
- Children's area for ages 0-3 in the church during the service: you are welcome sit with your children in the children's area where there are toys and books on a soft mat and other families to meet. You can then take part in the service and sing knowing that your children are enjoying themselves too. If your children want to run around or are wanting to talk loudly, you are always welcome to let them run off some steam in the large hall.
- Children's church for ages 3-6 on 2nd & 4th Sundays during service: this class, run by two experienced teachers, takes place in the small hall during most of the service and involves a Bible story, crafts and playing. The teachers will bring the children into the service for a blessing during communion.
- Young Church for ages 7-11: this class, run by one experienced teacher, involves Bible stories, activities and snack time.
- Church Squad for ages 11-16: this class, run by one experienced teacher, involves activities and sharing together. There are also occasional film evenings.
Monthly Children's Mass:
- 9:30-10am on the 3rd Sunday of the month: a special service in the Lady Chapel aimed at age 0-7 led by Father Justin and others. It includes simplified language, fun songs and communion. A breakfast follows in the small hall and all are welcome to join us. This is a great place to meet new people and, if you are new to faith and children, we particularly invite you.
- Once a month on Sunday from 4-6pm: a fun, crafty and active service for families and children. Click on Messy Church tab under 'Families and Children' for dates and more information.